Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Year Anniversary

I actually have never done this before but today I'm going to show you the BEFORE and AFTER of one of my shots from last night. All I can say is "Thank heavens for photoshop!" There are a lot of people out there that believe true photographers don't need photoshop... well, I beg to differ. Granted, that doesn't mean you still don't have to work to get your exposure and other settings correct in your camera first (sadly, that was my mode of thinking when I first started... I can just fix it in photoshop.) But the truth is, I HATE FIXING PICTURES!! So my goal is to always get it right with my camera first and then ENHANCE the picture later in photoshop. That is when the fun begins!! Isn't it amazing how flat and muted the colors are in the first one?

Blog1

Since November is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY as a photographer professionally... I'm giving all of my clients who book sessions in November a free 8x10. So 25 free Holiday cards for family sessions (in case you didn't catch that in one of my earlier posts) and a free 8x10. Pretty cool if you ask me! What a crazy year it has been... I really am so grateful to have found something that I truly love and to have the ability to express myself creatively... which is what I've always hoped for.

Happy One Year to ME!!