Friday, May 22, 2009

Photog Friends

Tonight I was a mentor. That just sounds weird typing it. I would never say that I'm qualified to teach any sort of photography class or teach anything super technical about photography but I am happy to share the information that I do know. It's crazy to see how much I've changed and I hope that I'm able to continue to keep growing with each photo shoot.

I was asked by one of my friends if I would help her understand how to use her new digital SLR. And, of course, I jumped at the opportunity. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to talk photography any chance I get. It's so intriguing to me and there is always so much to learn. I also have a fellow co-worker (that's right, I have another job other than this... fortunately, but unfortunately!) that also recently purchased a new digital SLR as well and has been wanting to take some new pictures for practice. So the three of us got together and did our own mini photo shoot. They were both very eager to learn and I was happy to teach. Although the photo shoot was mainly for them I was lucky enough to get a couple shots for fun too.

First, is my friend Rachel.

Rachel3copy

Rachel1copy

Rachel2copy

Rachel4copy

Love this faded one in color and b&w. She was workin it!

Rachel4bwcopy

This last one is soooo Rachel.

Rachel5copy

And, second, is my friend Tashina.

Tashina1copy

Tashina2copy

Tashina3copy

We had such a fun night and were so sad when the sun went down...

Oh, and you just might see me on their blogs as well... posing my little heart out like I was a rockstar, ha! Thanks, girls, for such a fun session!