Friday, March 27, 2009

A day of learning...

I am about to share one of the most awe-inspiring days of my life! Just two days ago I had the opportunity to spend a day with a super fabulous photographer... Jessica Kettle. She is actually the very reason I went out and bought a camera and decided that this is what I want to do. So how excited was I when I heard that she was offering mentoring sessions for fellow photographers!!! We spent the day working on lighting, shooting in manual, composition (a huge eye-opener for me), posing, focusing, and photoshop editing. My goal is to master all of these things, obviously... but for now, enjoy a little taste of our day. And a huge "thank you" to Jen, my sister-in-law for posing like a rockstar in the chilly weather. Seriously love that girl!


Jennifer2web

I absolutely love this first shot... she is such a gorgeous girl!

Jennifer1web

Jennifer9web

Jennifer3web

This girl is not afraid of the camera... I love how her mouth is slightly open so perfectly like she's thinking, "yeah, I'm hot."

Jennifer4web

Jennifer6web

Jennifer5web

Jennifer7web

This was my first experience using backlight and I LOVE IT!! Makes for a much more interesting picture. I think I will have to use this technique a lot!

Jennifer8web

Believe it or not, we're in a parking garage for these last three shots. The lighting was so soft. This is why Jessica is so talented because she finds the most random places to take such amazing shots. I learned so much just from watching her and I appreciate her sharing her knowledge with me. Now let's just hope I can apply it!!

Thanks, Jessica, for such a fun day!


Jennifer10web

Jennifer11web